Your Name:   Gurpreet Kaur

Grade Level:   XI

School or Organization Name:  Kamla Nehru Public School

Co-Presenter Name(s):   Simran

Area of the World from Which You Will Present:  India.

Language in Which You Will Present:  English

Target Audience(s):   Teachers, Students, Presenters, Audience, educators etc.

Short Session Description (one line):  Social Justice cannot be attained by Violence.

Full Session Description (as long as you would like):

Social justice is nothing but a simple relation between the individual and the society. Social justice assigns rights and duties to the individual for their basic benefits. At its most symbolic level justice is portrayed, in a classical sculptured form as a women holding the scales of justice in one hand and the sword of truth in the other. She is often blindfolded to signify the impartiality of justice, which is balanced and equally applied to all irrespective of place, gender, age, disability, race, religion, wealth, or status. But this abstraction become problematic when it is applied in the real world of 21st century.

Poverty denies human rights and corrodes citizenship because the poor are more likely to suffer from criminal victimisation. If we initially select health and housing as examples of how this corrosion is manifested, the extent and multiplicity becomes apparent.

Poverty is not only condition or social relation which may lead to exclusion from the rights and benefits of citizenship. The increasing incidences of racial harassment and attacks shows that for many people in particular, even the basic right to walk in the streets freely without fear or harassment is illusory.

Through this article I am sure that u will be able to get the exact meaning of social justice and I want to explore my topic more and make people aware about social justice.

Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session:

Tags: 2017SocialJustice

Views: 103

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Gurupreet,

Congratulations, for your grand vision. We can and should effect change. Making a Difference matters. Sometimes what we do not count, but it matters all the same.

Keep up the good work.

We try for social justice by helping people embrace Technology to help themselves earn a decent living.

Hope to connect with you on Skype and collaborate, once this Student Conference is over.

Regards

Abhijith

Thanks sir for your views. Hope that I get a chance to interact with you to explore my topic.

Thanks once again...

Hi,

I'm writing on behalf of the co-coordinators of the 2017 Student STEM + Entrepreneurship Conference.

After having reviewed your proposal, we found no direct correlation between your presentation and STEM/Entrepreneurship. Our conference wholly entails Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, and Entrepreneurship. 

While your topic should not be overlooked, we need your proposal to be tailored to the appropriate strands. We would love for you to be a part of the Conference, so we ask that you edit your proposal as needed.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best,

Eunice Daudu and Gaby Palines

Co-coordinators of the 2017 Student STEM + Entrepreneurship Conference

RSS

STEM + Entrepreneurship

#stuconf2017

The Learning Revolution

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service